Savory Grilled T-Bones Recipe
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 beef T-bone steaks (16 ounces each)
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first 11 ingredients; add steaks. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 2-4 hours.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Grill steaks, covered, over medium heat for 6-10 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Savory Grilled T-Bones
"I cut the recipe in half and used the marinade on 2 (16 oz. each) pork steaks. My husband and I thought that they were absolutely delicious and I can't wait to make them again!"
"Well I guess my husband are in the minority here. First, I thought the marinade had too many similar ingredients - vinegar and lemon juice, sugar and honey, worcestershire and soy sauce. Second, the steak really didn't need those flavors in our opinion."
"Great tasty marinade. I omitted the sugar and added a touch of cayenne pepper. This was mouth water-good. Taste of home volunteer Diane A"
"Very easy and extremely tasty. Even the leftovers were great the next day. Will use this recipe often."
"Wouldn't think that a T-bone steak would need marinating. It obviously doesn't but this sure adds a lot of flavor to the meat. I had a last second change of plans for dinner so the steak ended up marinating for 30 hours. Sure didn't hurt it."
"EXCELLENT! It rained so I pan fried this."
"This was a cinch to put together at the last minute, I had everything on hand to make a super fresh tasting marinade. It was flavorful without being overpowering-better than plain old steak. I substituted a shallot for the onion because it had been hanging around. I am so glad I signed up for the e-mail recipe a day...I've tried a lot of new things that are "keepers" such as this one. Thanks TOH!"
"Great marinade for any cut of steak... Will definitely use again!"
"We make this at least once a month. It's become a favorite. Even great on other cuts of meat like sirloin."
"A recipe to be treasured and passed on."
"Great marinade on any cut of steak."
"EXCELLENT marinade! Husband loved it!"
"The marinade taste was just perfect and the steaks were grilled to perfection.A must keep recipe"
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.