Savory Grilled Cheese Recipe
A fast homemade herb butter gives these yummy sandwiches wonderful flavor.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 25 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 ounces sliced Colby cheese
- 8 slices white bread
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the butter, parsley, oregano and garlic powder. Cover and refrigerate 2 tablespoons for Herbed Chicken Stir-Fry (recipe also in Recipe Finder) or save for another use. Place cheese on four slices of bread; top with remaining bread. Spread outside of each sandwich with remaining butter mixture.
- 2. In a skillet over medium heat, toast sandwiches for 4-5 minutes on each side or until bread is lightly browned and cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC