Savory Grilled Cheese
A fast homemade herb butter gives these yummy sandwiches wonderful flavor.Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 ounces sliced Colby cheese
- 8 slices white bread
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, parsley, oregano and garlic
- powder. Cover and refrigerate 2 tablespoons for Herbed Chicken
- Stir-Fry (recipe also in Recipe Finder) or save for another use.
- Place cheese on four slices of bread; top with remaining bread.
- Spread outside of each sandwich with remaining butter mixture.
- In a skillet over medium heat, toast sandwiches for 4-5 minutes on
- each side or until bread is lightly browned and cheese is melted.
- Yield: 4 servings.