Savory Grilled Cheese Recipe
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 ounces sliced Colby cheese
- 8 slices white bread
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the butter, parsley, oregano and garlic powder. Cover and refrigerate 2 tablespoons for Herbed Chicken Stir-Fry (recipe also in Recipe Finder) or save for another use. Place cheese on four slices of bread; top with remaining bread. Spread outside of each sandwich with remaining butter mixture.
- 2. In a skillet over medium heat, toast sandwiches for 4-5 minutes on each side or until bread is lightly browned and cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Savory Grilled Cheese
"VERY GOOD!! would probably have been better if I had used the ingredients that were written in the recipe. (type of cheese and bread) The butter spread would be fabulous on almost anything!"
"We lOVE this! And the herb butter is great on other grilled sandwiches too."
"This was good. I used a french peasant bread, which worked well. My daughter, who doesn't like grilled cheese, actually ate this kind!"
"My husband has now requested that all of his grilled cheese sandwiches are made this way!"