Savory Green Beans with Mushrooms Recipe
When we have family get-togethers, this is the dish I'm always asked to bring.
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh savory or 2 teaspoons dried savory
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1. Place beans in a steamer basket; place in a saucepan over 1 in. of water. bring to a boil; cover and steam for 7-9 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in butter until tender. Remove from the heat; stir in the savory, parsley, lemon juice, vinegar, oil, sugar, salt and pepper. Add beans; toss to coat. Sprinkle with bacon. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 164 calories, 12 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 758 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Savory Green Beans with Mushrooms
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC