When we have family get-togethers, this is the dish I'm always asked to bring.
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh savory or 2 teaspoons dried savory
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Place beans in a steamer basket; place in a saucepan over 1 in. of water. bring to a boil; cover and steam for 7-9 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in butter until tender. Remove from the heat; stir in the savory, parsley, lemon juice, vinegar, oil, sugar, salt and pepper. Add beans; toss to coat. Sprinkle with bacon. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Savory Green Beans in Country April/May 2003, p49
Reviews for Savory Green Beans with Mushrooms
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review