As a working Mom, anything I can do to cut time spent in the kitchen is helpful. Through the years, I've tried different ways to liven up canned and frozen vegetables so that the family will continue to enjoy them.
Featured In: 51 Cozy Slow Cooker Soups
- 2 cups frozen cut green beans
- 2 tablespoons canned mushroom stems and pieces
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strip, diced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon butter
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a small saucepan, combine all ingredients; add enough water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 13-15 minutes or until bacon is cooked. Drain. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Savory Green Beans with Bacon in Reminisce December/January 2011, p44
Reviews for Savory Green Beans with Bacon
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review