Savory Green Beans Recipe
- 3/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh savory or 2 teaspoons dried savory
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large skillet, saute red pepper in oil for 2-3 minutes or until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the green beans, water, savory, chives and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until beans are crisp-tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Savory Green Beans in Light & Tasty April/May 2006, p17
Reviews for Savory Green Beans
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 18, 2008
"really cool recipethanks"