- pepper. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until
- thickened. Stir in beans. Transfer to a 2-qt. baking dish coated
- with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, for topping, in a small nonstick skillet, cook onions in
- butter over medium-low heat until golden brown. Add bread crumbs;
- cook until dry and golden brown. Sprinkle over casserole. Bake 7-10
- minutes longer or until heated through and topping is browned. Let
- stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (1/2 cup) equals 86 calories, 1 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 200 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1/2 fat-free milk.