Savory Glazed Tenderloin
It takes only five ingredients to make this flavorful entree from Edison, New Jersey’s Jane Birch. Very moist and sweet but with a hint of horseradish, this change-of-pace pork goes well with a wide variety of side dishes.
2 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + marinating Bake: 35 min.
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon spicy brown mustard
- 1 pork tenderloin (3/4 pound)
- In a small bowl, combine the honey, butter, horseradish and mustard.
- Pour 1/3 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add the
- tenderloin. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 6-8 hours,
- turning occasionally. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for
- Drain and discard marinade from pork. In a large skillet, brown pork
- on all sides. Place on a rack in a foil-lined shallow roasting pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 35-40 minutes or until a
- thermometer reads 160°, basting occasionally with reserved
- marinade. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 5 ounces cooked pork equals 351 calories, 14 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 118 mg cholesterol, 215 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 34 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat, 1 fruit.