This savory side dish is a wonderful accompaniment to pork, beef and poultry. In season, fresh garden green beans can be substituted for the frozen.
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules, optional
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen whole green beans
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- In a saucepan, bring water and bouillon if desired to a boil. Add beans. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until beans are tender. In a large skillet, saute garlic in butter for 1 minute. Drain beans; add to skillet. Sprinkle with seasoned salt and toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Garlic Green Beans in Taste of Home Meals in Minutes Calendar Annual 2002, p9
Reviews for Savory Garlic Green Beans
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 11, 2013
"My whole family really enjoyed the flavor...I used fresh french green beans and they were still crisp enough after cooking for about 12-15 minutes."
Reviewed Mar. 5, 2013