One day, I was in the process of roasting garlic when unexpected company arrived. Having little food in the house, I grabbed the roasted garlic and some cream cheese to create a delicious dip in a dash!—Aysha Schurman, Ammon, Idaho
Featured In: 40 Appetizers for Fall Celebrations
- 2 whole garlic bulbs
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh parsley or 1-1/2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary or 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- Assorted fresh vegetables
- Remove papery outer skin from garlic (do not peel or separate cloves). Cut tops off of garlic bulbs. Brush with oil. Wrap each bulb in heavy-duty foil. Bake at 425° for 30-35 minutes or until softened. Cool for 10-15 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter. Squeeze softened garlic into pan; stir in the juices, chives, water, lemon peel, parsley, rosemary and salt; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until most of the liquid is absorbed. Transfer to a food processor. Add cream cheese; cover and process until blended. Serve with vegetables. Yield: 2 cups.
Originally published as Savory Garlic Cheese Spread in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2010, p102
Reviews for Savory Garlic Cheese Spread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review