Savory Drop Biscuits Recipe
The addition of cheese and green chilies makes these mouthwatering biscuits wonderfully moist. They're a fabulous accompaniment to soup and stew.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2-1/2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1. In a medium bowl, combine the first six ingredients; mix well. Stir in milk just until moistened. Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 450° for 10 - 12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 74 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 209 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC