- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 loaf (1 pound) day-old bread, crusts removed
- 1-1/2 cups mashed potatoes (without added milk and butter)
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh savory or 2 teaspoons dried savory
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a skillet, saute onions in butter and water until tender, stirring occasionally. Break bread into small pieces; place in a large bowl. Add potatoes, broth, savory, salt, pepper and onion mixture; mix well. Place in greased 2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 325° for 1 hour or until lightly browned. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Savory Dressing in Taste of Home June/July 1995, p41
Reviews for Savory Dressing
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review