Savory Dilled Potato Salad Recipe
"When my sister-in-law shared the recipe for this savory potato salad last summer, it became an instant favorite with my family," notes Tiffany Twait, Meridian, Idaho. "The dill pickle relish and fresh dill perk up the flavor.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 40 min. + chilling YIELD:8 servings
- 8 medium potatoes, cubed
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, sliced
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup dill pickle relish
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh dill or 2 teaspoons dill weed
- 3/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1. Place potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook for 20-30 minutes or until tender. Drain and cool. Place potatoes in a large bowl; add eggs.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Pour over potatoes and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for several hours before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 468 calories, 28 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 126 mg cholesterol, 597 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 8 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC