Savory Dill and Caraway Scones Recipe
These tender, tasty scones will melt in your mouth. The unique flavors of dill and caraway ensure that you won't soon forget this treat. Sally Sibthorpe Shelby Township, Michigan
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 6 tablespoons cold butter
- 1 large egg yolk
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 4 teaspoons heavy whipping cream
- Additional caraway seeds, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Combine the egg yolk, sour cream and ricotta cheese; stir into crumb mixture just until moistened. Turn onto a floured surface; knead 10 times.
- 2. Pat into two 6-in. circles. Cut each into six wedges. Separate wedges and place on a greased baking sheet. Brush tops with cream; sprinkle with additional caraway seeds if desired. Bake at 400° for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 scone equals 184 calories, 10 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 49 mg cholesterol, 293 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Savory Dill and Caraway Scones
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC