- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 6 tablespoons cold butter
- 1 large egg yolk
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 4 teaspoons heavy whipping cream
- Additional caraway seeds, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Combine the egg yolk, sour cream and ricotta cheese; stir into crumb mixture just until moistened. Turn onto a floured surface; knead 10 times.
- Pat into two 6-in. circles. Cut each into six wedges. Separate wedges and place on a greased baking sheet. Brush tops with cream; sprinkle with additional caraway seeds if desired. Bake at 400° for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Savory Dill and Caraway Scones
Sort By :
"These savory scones are absolutely DELICIOUS!!! My family just loved them (as did I)! Instead of making 12 smaller scones, I ended up making 8 larger scones. These were especially delicious right out of the oven with a touch of butter on them - yummmmmmm!!!!"
"I'm new at making scones, but these ones turned out great! Love the flavor of dill and caraway. These were so flakey and good. Great served along side any soup, and a good way to use up any leftover sour cream or ricotta. Will definately be making these again."
"These are easy to make and eveyone I've served them to absolutely loved them. I have made them several times and will continue to do so!"
"This is a test by Lalit Tankala"