When you're in the mood for some good finger food, turn to this recipe. Fans of mustard, dill and vinegar flavors, my family says these eggs are the best. I like them because they are easy to fill and make a popular contribution to a potluck or brunch.
Recommended: 42 Holiday Party Snacks Every Host Should Know
- 6 hard-boiled large eggs
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Fresh dill sprigs, optional
- Slice eggs in half lengthwise; remove yolks and set whites aside. In a small bowl, mash yolks. Add the mayonnaise, vinegar, mustard, dill, garlic powder and salt.
- Spoon into egg whites. Garnish with dill sprigs if desired. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Savory Deviled Eggs in Country Woman May/June 2004, p33
Reviews for Savory Deviled Eggs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 30, 2013
"Excellent! I love this Deviled egg recipe. I left out the garlic powder and sprinkled paprika on them."
Reviewed Mar. 29, 2013
"I took Kris's advice and left out the garlic.Taste was very nice. Basically an old fashioned Deviled Egg Recipe."
Reviewed Mar. 10, 2012
"Next time I will skip the garlic and add a little onion. easy to make."