Savory-Crust Chicken Pie Recipe
Everyone will love the hearty combination of vegetables, chicken and sauce in this unique version of chicken potpie. And the tasty homemade crust is so simple to prepare.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1/2 cup each chopped carrots, green pepper, sweet red pepper and onion
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the butter and sour cream until smooth. Beat in egg. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and sage; gradually add to butter mixture (mixture will be sticky). Spread onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 10-in. pie plate.
- 2. For filling, in a large saucepan, saute vegetables in butter over medium heat until crisp-tender. Stir in chicken and soup. Spoon into the crust. Sprinkle with cheese.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 30-35 minutes or until lightly browned. Let stand for 10 minutes. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 387 calories, 27 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 126 mg cholesterol, 877 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 17 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC