Everyone will love the hearty combination of vegetables, chicken and sauce in this unique version of chicken potpie. And the tasty homemade crust is so simple to prepare.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1/2 cup each chopped carrots, green pepper, sweet red pepper and onion
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and sour cream until smooth. Beat in egg. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and sage; gradually add to butter mixture (mixture will be sticky). Spread onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 10-in. pie plate.
- For filling, in a large saucepan, saute vegetables in butter over medium heat until crisp-tender. Stir in chicken and soup. Spoon into the crust. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake at 400° for 30-35 minutes or until lightly browned. Let stand for 10 minutes. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Savory-Crust Chicken Pie in Country Chicken Cookbook 1995, p71
Reviews for Savory-Crust Chicken Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review