Savory Crescent Bundles Recipe
Each time Mesa, Arizona subscriber Margaret Pache prepares this full-flavored dish, she's reminded fondly of her mother. "Mom made it often for me and my seven brothers and sisters," Margaret explains. It was her favorite—ours, too."
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 2 cups cooked cubed chicken or turkey
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped pimientos
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- Additional chives
- 1. In a bowl, beat cream cheese and 2 tablespoons butter until smooth. Stir in chicken, milk, chives, pimientos, salt and pepper.
- 2. Separate crescent dough into four rectangles; firmly press perforations to seal. Spoon 1/2 cup chicken mixture into center of each rectangle. Bring four corners of dough together and twist; pinch edges to seal.
- 3. Brush tops of bundles with remaining butter. Sprinkle with bread crumbs. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Tie a chive around each. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 566 calories, 34 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 110 mg cholesterol, 1,022 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 28 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC