Each time Mesa, Arizona subscriber Margaret Pache prepares this full-flavored dish, she's reminded fondly of her mother. "Mom made it often for me and my seven brothers and sisters," Margaret explains. It was her favorite—ours, too."
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 2 cups cooked cubed chicken or turkey
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped pimientos
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- Additional chives
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese and 2 tablespoons butter until smooth. Stir in chicken, milk, chives, pimientos, salt and pepper.
- Separate crescent dough into four rectangles; firmly press perforations to seal. Spoon 1/2 cup chicken mixture into center of each rectangle. Bring four corners of dough together and twist; pinch edges to seal.
- Brush tops of bundles with remaining butter. Sprinkle with bread crumbs. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Tie a chive around each. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Savory Crescent Bundles in Country Woman September/October 1997, p22
Reviews for Savory Crescent Bundles
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 14, 2010
"Easy & very good"
Reviewed Dec. 2, 2010
"I have made this recipe alot. My son absolutely LOVES it. It is so easy, I do add peas so I can sneak them in."
Reviewed Jun. 8, 2010
"Tasty and just plain fun to make and eat."