- 3 large oranges
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 teaspoons raspberry vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons corn starch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 rolled boneless pork loin roast (3 to 4 pounds), trimmed
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Grate peel of 1 orange, then juice all of the oranges. In a small saucepan, combine orange juice and peel. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until volume is reduced by half.
- In a medium saucepan, combine cranberry sauce, cinnamon, allspice, vinegar and salt. Combine corn starch and water; mix well. Add to the cranberry sauce mixture with orange juice mixture. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened. Let cool.
- Rub roast with kosher salt. Place roast on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 60-80 minutes or until thermometer reads 145°. Brush cranberry mixture over roast during the last half hour of baking. Heat remaining cranberry mixture and serve with pork. Yield: 8-12 servings.
Originally published as Cranberry-Glazed Pork Roast in Taste of Home Cooking School Collection Fall 2003, p9
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Savory Cranberry-Glazed Pork Roast
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Christmas Dinner Recipes >
- Christmas Main Dish Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cranberry Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- New Year's Dinner Recipes >
- New Year's Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >