- Add onions, 1-1/2 cups cranberry juice, broth and seasonings. Cover
- and bake at 350° for 1 hour.
- Add carrots and potatoes; bake 1 hour longer or until meat and
- vegetables are tender.
- Combine reserved flour mixture and remaining cranberry juice until
- smooth; stir into stew. Cover and bake 30 minutes longer. Remove bay
- leaf. Add peas; return to the oven for 5 minutes or until heated
- through. Yield: 10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One 1-cup serving (prepared with reduced-sodium beef broth and without salt or bacon) equals 321 calories, 7 g fat (0 saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 231 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 23 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 vegetable, 1-1/2 meat.