Savory Corn Bread Pops Recipe
Not all cake was created sweet, but it's all delicious in our book. These handheld pops make festive appetizers, too. —Simple & Delicious Test Kitchen
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 1 to 3 tablespoons finely chopped pickled jalapeno slices
- 30 lollipop sticks
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Crushed corn chips
- 1. Prepare and bake corn bread according to package directions, using a greased 8-in. baking pan. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- 2. In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, hot sauce and pickled jalapenos until blended. Crumble corn bread over cream cheese mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls. Place on baking sheets; insert sticks. Freeze for at least 2 hours or until firm.
- 3. Dip in melted butter and roll in corn chips. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
1 pop equals 70 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 98 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC