- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 1 to 3 tablespoons finely chopped pickled jalapeno slices
- 30 lollipop sticks
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Crushed corn chips
- Prepare and bake corn bread according to package directions, using a greased 8-in. baking pan. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, hot sauce and pickled jalapenos until blended. Crumble corn bread over cream cheese mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls. Place on baking sheets; insert sticks. Freeze for at least 2 hours or until firm.
- Dip in melted butter and roll in corn chips. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Savory Corn Bread Pops
"I tried this recipe for my coworkers. Sadly, they found their way to the trash can. The combination of hot sauce, jalape?os and the cornbread was not at all what was expected. Definitely not a keeper."
"I made these and served them at our church function and they were a big hit. I made one with the crushed corn chip coating and one without the coating. The one without the coating was by far the favorite. I had several requests for the recipe. I will definitely make these again. They are delicious and different."