Savory Corn Bread Pops Recipe
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 1 to 3 tablespoons finely chopped pickled jalapeno slices
- 30 lollipop sticks
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Crushed corn chips
- Prepare and bake corn bread according to package directions, using a greased 8-in. baking pan. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, hot sauce and pickled jalapenos until blended. Crumble corn bread over cream cheese mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls. Place on baking sheets; insert sticks. Freeze for at least 2 hours or until firm.
- Dip in melted butter and roll in corn chips. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Savory Corn Bread Pops(1)
Sort By :
I made these and served them at our church function and they were a big hit. I made one with the crushed corn chip coating and one without the coating. The one without the coating was by far the favorite. I had several requests for the recipe. I will definitely make these again. They are delicious and different.
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Appetizers >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Finger Food Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Hors d'oeuvre Recipes >
- Low Carb Appetizers >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Appetizers >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Sodium Appetizers >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Mexican Appetizers >
- Mexican Recipes >