Savory Corn Bread Dressing Recipe
Nothing gets the family hanging around like the aroma of this savory dressing baking alongside the turkey. Drizzled with hot gravy, it tastes even better than it smells.
- 2-1/2 cups chopped celery
- 1-1/4 cups chopped onions
- 10 tablespoons butter
- 7-1/2 cups coarsely crumbled corn bread
- 2-1/2 cups soft bread crumbs
- 4 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 4 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/3 cups chicken broth
- 1. In a large skillet, saute celery and onions in butter until tender; transfer to a large bowl. Add the corn bread, bread crumbs, sage and poultry seasoning. Combine eggs and broth; add to corn bread mixture, stirring gently to mix.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 325° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 10 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 165° and stuffing is lightly browned. Yield: 12 servings (9 cups).
3/4 cup: 277 calories, 12g fat (6g saturated fat), 61mg cholesterol, 683mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Savory Corn Bread Dressing
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC