Savory Corn Bread Dressing Recipe
Nothing gets the family hanging around like the aroma of this savory dressing baking alongside the turkey. Drizzled with hot gravy, it tastes even better than it smells.
- 2-1/2 cups chopped celery
- 1-1/4 cups chopped onions
- 10 tablespoons butter
- 7-1/2 cups coarsely crumbled corn bread
- 2-1/2 cups soft bread crumbs
- 4 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 4 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/3 cups chicken broth
- In a large skillet, saute celery and onions in butter until tender; transfer to a large bowl. Add the corn bread, bread crumbs, sage and poultry seasoning. Combine eggs and broth; add to corn bread mixture, stirring gently to mix.
- Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 325° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 10 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 165° and stuffing is lightly browned. Yield: 12 servings (9 cups).
Originally published as Corn Bread Dressing in The Taste of Home Cookbook 2006, p176
Reviews for Savory Corn Bread Dressing(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review