Savory Chicken Sandwiches Recipe
With eight children under the age of 12, Joan Parker of Gastonia, North Carolina knows how to make family-pleasing meals. "This tender chicken tastes like you fussed, but requires few ingredients," she notes. You can also thicken the juices and serve it over rice.
- 2 pounds bone-in chicken breast halves
- 1-1/2 pounds bone-in chicken thighs
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 cup prepared Italian salad dressing
- 1/4 cup water
- 14 to 16 hamburger buns, split
- 1. Remove skin from chicken if desired. Place chicken in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Sprinkle with soup mix and garlic salt. Pour dressing and water over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender.
- 2. Remove chicken; cool slightly. Skim fat from cooking juices. Remove chicken from bones; cut into bite-size pieces and return to slow cooker. Serve with a slotted spoon on buns. Yield: 14-16 servings.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC