Savory Chicken Sandwiches Recipe
- 2 pounds bone-in chicken breast halves
- 1-1/2 pounds bone-in chicken thighs
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 cup prepared Italian salad dressing
- 1/4 cup water
- 14 to 16 hamburger buns, split
- Remove skin from chicken if desired. Place chicken in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Sprinkle with soup mix and garlic salt. Pour dressing and water over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove chicken; cool slightly. Skim fat from cooking juices. Remove chicken from bones; cut into bite-size pieces and return to slow cooker. Serve with a slotted spoon on buns. Yield: 14-16 servings.
Reviews for Savory Chicken Sandwiches
Sort By :
This is an excellent recipe! Perfect for get togethers instead of sloppy joes and a favorite of our family and neighborhood! I generally use a whole chicken and add a little extra seasoning.
My family of 8 loves this and it is good hot or cold.
Agree with the too salty comment.
I was looking for a good hot chicken sandwich recipe. These were way too salty for our taste! I guess most things with dried onion soup in it is. I hate to think what the sodium count is. I threw away the leftovers.
We used just plain chicken breast cause its what I had on hand, wonderful!
More Recipe Collections
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Sandwiches >
- Chicken Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Hot Sandwich Recipes >
- Sandwiches >
- Simple Dinner Recipes >