- 2 pounds bone-in chicken breast halves
- 1-1/2 pounds bone-in chicken thighs
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 cup prepared Italian salad dressing
- 1/4 cup water
- 14 to 16 hamburger buns, split
- Remove skin from chicken if desired. Place chicken in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Sprinkle with soup mix and garlic salt. Pour dressing and water over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove chicken; cool slightly. Skim fat from cooking juices. Remove chicken from bones; cut into bite-size pieces and return to slow cooker. Serve with a slotted spoon on buns. Yield: 14-16 servings.
Reviews for Savory Chicken Sandwiches
Sort By :
"Really good. I doubled it and served it over rice."
"This is an excellent recipe! Perfect for get togethers instead of sloppy joes and a favorite of our family and neighborhood! I generally use a whole chicken and add a little extra seasoning."
"My family of 8 loves this and it is good hot or cold."
"Agree with the too salty comment."
"I was looking for a good hot chicken sandwich recipe. These were way too salty for our taste! I guess most things with dried onion soup in it is. I hate to think what the sodium count is. I threw away the leftovers."