Savory Chicken Salad
This recipe is perfect for a luncheon or a light supper. The lemon juice and mustard adds so flavor and will disappear fast.Ann Bankson, Hordville, Nebraska
4-5 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 cans (2-1/4 ounces each) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/4 cup diced pimientos, drained
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 to 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1 can (2.8 ounces) french-fried onions
- Lettuce leaves
- In a bowl, combine the chicken, celery, olives and pimientos. In a
- small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sugar, lemon juice, mustard and
- salt if desired. Pour over chicken mixture; stir to coat. Cover and
- refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Just before serving, stir in
- onions. Serve over lettuce. Yield: 4-5 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 467 calories, 37 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 61 mg cholesterol, 473 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 17 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.