Savory Chicken Salad Recipe
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 cans (2-1/4 ounces each) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/4 cup diced pimientos, drained
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 to 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1 can (2.8 ounces) french-fried onions
- Lettuce leaves
- 1. In a bowl, combine the chicken, celery, olives and pimientos. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sugar, lemon juice, mustard and salt if desired. Pour over chicken mixture; stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Just before serving, stir in onions. Serve over lettuce. Yield: 4-5 servings.
1 cup: 467 calories, 37g fat (7g saturated fat), 61mg cholesterol, 473mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 17g protein.
Reviews for Savory Chicken Salad
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.