Savory Chicken Dinner Recipe
- 2 envelopes savory herb with garlic soup mix
- 6 tablespoons water
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 2 large red potatoes, cubed
- 1 large onion, halved and cut into small wedges
- In a small bowl, combine soup mix and water; pour half into a large resealable plastic bag. Add chicken. Seal bag and toss to coat. Pour the remaining soup mixture in another large resealable plastic bag. Add potatoes and onion. Seal bag and toss to coat.
- Drain and discard marinade from chicken. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Pour potato mixture over chicken.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until vegetables are tender and a meat thermometer reads 170°, stirring vegetables occasionally. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Savory Chicken Dinner
Sort By :
"I used 1 pkg. soup mix and used a cooking bag. Also added handful of baby carrots. Cook time about 20-25 min. or so. Just tested veggies thru vent in bag with a knife; did same with thermometer for chicken. Turned out fine. Since ovens vary cook time may take longer. (I have a convection oven, so time is shorter in general.)"
"This was just OK. As kramerstacey15 stated, it made the house smell wonderful, but in the end it was just too salty for us. Fast, but I would rather use real garlic and herbs and avoid all the sodium and MSG."
"This was pretty disgusting. It smelled delicious while baking. A big letdown. And even though I cubed the potatoes some didn't cook all the way thru."
"TEACH*MUSIC, could you please tell me where you found the soup mix, My Mom used to make this, the co. said it no longer makes it, I live in Sacramento, help can use info, from any one. My sister and I would love to make this for the grand children. Thanks"
"Outstanding! One of my all time favorites & a regular. Super easy, didn't have a hard time finding the soup mix (comes in a box with 2 packages). I only use 1 package, to cut down on sodium. Great with green beans!"