Savory Cheese Muffins
These muffins are a savory addition to your favorite breakfast or brunch. Your family will love them, and you can whip them up in a hurry!
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. Mix egg, milk and
- butter; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in
- cheese. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 1
Nutritional Facts: 1 muffin equals 128 calories, 4 g fat (0 saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 237 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.