Savory Cheese Bread
This golden bread is a recipe I made up year ago when I wanted something simple that complemented several dishes. These cheese-topped slices are perfect with chunky soup or most any entree.—Brenda Jackson, Garden City, Kansas
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 12 slices French bread (1 inch thick)
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Italian cheese blend
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, lemon-pepper, garlic powder,
- basil and oregano. Spread over one side of each slice of bread.
- Place butter side up on an ungreased baking sheet. Sprinkle with
- cheese. Broil 4-in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is
- melted and edges are golden brown. Yield: 6 servings.