Savory Cheese Bread Recipe
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 12 slices French bread (1 inch thick)
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Italian cheese blend
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, lemon-pepper, garlic powder, basil and oregano. Spread over one side of each slice of bread.
- Place butter side up on an ungreased baking sheet. Sprinkle with cheese. Broil 4-in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted and edges are golden brown. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Savory Cheese Bread in Quick Cooking January/February 2005, p17
Reviews for Savory Cheese Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 11, 2013
"Loved this bread and it took just a few minutes to make. I served it with the Pasta Beef Soup on the same page."