This golden bread is a recipe I made up year ago when I wanted something simple that complemented several dishes. These cheese-topped slices are perfect with chunky soup or most any entree.—Brenda Jackson, Garden City, Kansas
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 12 slices French bread (1 inch thick)
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Italian cheese blend
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, lemon-pepper, garlic powder, basil and oregano. Spread over one side of each slice of bread.
- Place butter side up on an ungreased baking sheet. Sprinkle with cheese. Broil 4-in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted and edges are golden brown. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Savory Cheese Bread in Quick Cooking January/February 2005, p17
Reviews for Savory Cheese Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 11, 2013
"Loved this bread and it took just a few minutes to make. I served it with the Pasta Beef Soup on the same page."