Savory Cheese Ball Recipe
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 can (4-1/4 ounces) chopped ripe olives
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Assorted crackers
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, blue cheese and butter until smooth. Stir in olives and chives. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- 2. Shape cheese mixture into a ball; roll in walnuts. Wrap in plastic wrap; refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Serve with crackers. Yield: 2 cups.
2 tablespoons (calculated without crackers) equals 120 calories, 12 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 227 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Savory Cheese Ball
"This is really flavorful if you are a blue cheese lover! I would make this more often but I would end up eating too much of it all by myself. Great!"
"We took it to my Sister-law, for Thanksgiving, they are very fussy about food, They just love it, they ask me to bring it again for Xmas. We where 4 of us, we eat 1/2 and they ask me can they keep it, we all LOVE IT. The recipe is a KEEPER. Sandra E. Smith"