Savory Cheese Ball
Blue cheese contributes a pleasant, tangy bite and olive a saltiness to this creamy cheese ball. For the optimum taste, let the cheese ball stand at room temperature for 20 minutes before serving.—Jan Stawara, Howell, Michigan
16 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 can (4-1/4 ounces) chopped ripe olives
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Assorted crackers
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, blue cheese and butter until
- smooth. Stir in olives and chives. Cover and refrigerate for at
- least 1 hour.
- Shape cheese mixture into a ball; roll in walnuts. Wrap in plastic
- wrap; refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Serve with crackers. Yield: 2
To Make Ahead: The cheese ball can be made a day in advance; cover and refrigerate until 20 minutes before serving.
Nutritional Facts: 2 tablespoons (calculated without crackers) equals 120 calories, 12 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 227 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.