Savory Cheese Ball Recipe
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 can (4-1/4 ounces) chopped ripe olives
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Assorted crackers
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, blue cheese and butter until smooth. Stir in olives and chives. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- 2. Shape cheese mixture into a ball; roll in walnuts. Wrap in plastic wrap; refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Serve with crackers. Yield: 2 cups.
2 tablespoon: 120 calories, 12g fat (6g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 227mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (trace sugars, trace fiber), 3g protein
Reviews for Savory Cheese Ball
"This is really flavorful if you are a blue cheese lover! I would make this more often but I would end up eating too much of it all by myself. Great!"
"We took it to my Sister-law, for Thanksgiving, they are very fussy about food, They just love it, they ask me to bring it again for Xmas. We where 4 of us, we eat 1/2 and they ask me can they keep it, we all LOVE IT. The recipe is a KEEPER. Sandra E. Smith"