Blue cheese contributes a pleasant, tangy bite and olive a saltiness to this creamy cheese ball. For the optimum taste, let the cheese ball stand at room temperature for 20 minutes before serving.—Jan Stawara, Howell, Michigan
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 can (4-1/4 ounces) chopped ripe olives
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Assorted crackers
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, blue cheese and butter until smooth. Stir in olives and chives. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Shape cheese mixture into a ball; roll in walnuts. Wrap in plastic wrap; refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Serve with crackers. Yield: 2 cups.
Originally published as Savory Cheese Ball in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2011, p6
Reviews for Savory Cheese Ball
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review