Savory Cheddar Bread Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/2 teaspoon leaf oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1-1/4 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg, well beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Combine flour, baking powder, sugar, onion salt, oregano, dry mustard and cheese; set aside. Combine egg, milk and butter; add all at once to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened. Spread batter in a greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 45 minutes. Yield: 1 loaf.
Reviews for Savory Cheddar Bread(4)
Sort By :
Very easy to make - it whips up in no time and makes a great addition to your dinner table. Tastes great toasted too.
I love this recipe; it is quick and easy, always well received. If I find I have unused cheddar that is looking like it might start to mold, I shave the top layer off and I make a batch of this bread and pop it in the freezer to use later. Who doesn't like homemade bread?
I have made this recipe some 50 times over each time I make back beans and rice.Somehow I lost it and thankfully found it on the web siteGOOD
This was really good, and really pretty easy. Let it rest in the pan 5-10 minutes before trying to take it out of the pan. It was good with a Sharp Cheddar.