Savory Cauliflower Pie Recipe
- 3 cups seasoned croutons, crushed
- 1/2 cup butter, melted, divided
- 1 small head cauliflower, cut into small florets (about 5 cups)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- In a bowl, combine croutons and 1/4 cup butter. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. Bake at 375° for 8 minutes or until lightly browned; set aside.
- In a large skillet, saute the cauliflower, onion, carrots, garlic, salt and oregano in remaining butter over medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Sprinkle 1/2 cup cheese into prepared crust. Top with cauliflower mixture and remaining cheese.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs and milk. Pour over pie. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean and the cauliflower is tender. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Savory Cauliflower Pie(2)
Sort By :
Tis was incredibly good. The "Pie Crust" added a lot, but next time I make it rather than have a crust, I'm going to crumble the crust on top.
This one is delicious! I used a regular pie crust, substituted Italian seasoning for the oregano and used plain yogurt in place of the milk...this made it extra fluffy! I will be making this again. Yummy!
More Recipe Collections
- Carrot Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Country Woman Dinner Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Country Woman Side Dishes >
- Country Woman Vegetarian Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Vegetable Side Dishes >
- Vegetarian Recipes >