Savory Brussels Sprouts Recipe
- 1 pound fresh Brussels sprouts
- DIJON MUSTARD SAUCE:
- 1/2 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1. Cut an “X” in the core of each Brussels sprout. Place in a steamer basket; place in a large saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 8-11 minutes or until tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the yogurt, mayonnaise, mustard and celery seed. Cook and stir just until heated through. Serve with Brussels sprouts. Yield: 4 servings.
3/4 cup brussels sprouts with 2 tablespoons sauce equals 76 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 120 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 2 vegetable.