Savory Brussels Sprouts Recipe
“This is a family favorite that's fast and easy!” Brussels sprouts are treated to a creamy, guilt-free sauce in this delicious recipe. Paula J. Michaud - Waterbury, Connecticut
- 1 pound fresh Brussels sprouts
- DIJON MUSTARD SAUCE:
- 1/2 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1. Cut an “X” in the core of each Brussels sprout. Place in a steamer basket; place in a large saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 8-11 minutes or until tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the yogurt, mayonnaise, mustard and celery seed. Cook and stir just until heated through. Serve with Brussels sprouts. Yield: 4 servings.
3/4 cup: 76 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 120mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable.
Reviews for Savory Brussels Sprouts
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC