- 1-1/2 cups water (70° to 80°)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup dried minced onion
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- In bread machine pan, place the water, 1 tablespoon oil, minced onion, sugar, salt, dill, onion powder, flours and yeast in the order suggested by manufacturer. Select dough setting (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- When cycle is completed, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Divide dough in half; shape each portion into a 7-in. round loaf. Place on greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 40 minutes.
- Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Brush with remaining oil. Remove from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves (9 slices each).
Originally published as Onion Dill Bread in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2009, p41
Reviews for Savory Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- German Bread Recipes >
- German Recipes >
- German Vegetarian Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >