- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound fresh baby carrots
- 1 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced
- Sliced French bread baguette, optional
- Place bread crumbs in a shallow bowl. Dip chicken breasts in bread crumbs to coat both sides; shake off excess.
- In a Dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat. Add chicken in batches; cook 2-4 minutes on each side or until browned. Remove chicken from pan.
- Add broth, tomato paste and seasonings to same pan; cook over medium-high heat, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Add vegetables and chicken; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 25-30 minutes or until vegetables are tender and a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 165°. If desired, serve with baguette. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Savory Braised Chicken with Vegetables
"I used yellow squash to hold up a little more than the zucchini but did add the veggies later as someone suggested. I really liked this recipe because it's so versatile. Had to cut down on the salt for my hubby so used broth and tomato paste with no-salt added and a salt substitute for the salt it calls for. Good easy recipe."
"I served this with garlic mashed potatoes. Yum!"
"This was wonderful. The chicken came out so juicy and the vegetables were wonderful. I made it exactly as stated and I wouldn't change a thing."
"Yum. This is a very tasty one pot meal. I dipped the chicken in milk before the bread crumbs. The next time I'll add the zucchini and mushrooms a little later in the process."
"Excellent flavors, however the carrots & zucchini turned mushy when cooked with chicken for 25-30 minutes. When I make it next time, I'll add them in later so they won't over-cook. Good healthy dish!"