Everyone will enjoy this delicious dish. With meat, potatoes and vegetables, it's a meal in itself.
- 1/2 pound boneless beef chuck roast
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 small apple, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt-free seasoning blend
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 small new potatoes, halved
- 2 cabbage wedges (about 2 inches thick)
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) no-salt-added stewed tomatoes
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1-1/2 teaspoons water
- Trim fat from meat and cut into 1-in. cubes; brown in a skillet coated with cooking spray. Add water, apple, onion, seasoning blend and pepper. Cover and simmer for 1-1/4 hours.
- Add potatoes and cabbage; cover and simmer for 35 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in tomatoes; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Blend cornstarch and water; stir into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Savory Braised Beef in Taste of Home's Down-Home Diabetic Cookbook Annual 2000, p115
Reviews for Savory Braised Beef for 2
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 4, 2013
"It's definitely a keeper!! Only changed the type of potatoes....didn't have new potatoes.....I used Idaho potatoes and cooked it in the oven instead of stove-top!! It is fantastic!!!"