- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and cream until smooth. Beat in
- the bacon, tomatoes, Gruyere cheese, onions and pepper. Add eggs;
- beat on low speed just until combined. Pour over crust. Place
- springform pan in a large baking pan; add 1 in. of boiling water to
- larger pan.
- Bake 45-55 minutes or until center is just set and top appears dull.
- Remove springform pan from water bath; remove foil. Cool cheesecake
- on a wire rack 10 minutes; loosen edges from pan with a knife. Cool
- 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
- Remove rim from pan. Serve cheesecake with toppings and crackers if
- desired. Yield: 24 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice (calculated without toppings and crackers) equals 248 calories, 21 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 99 mg cholesterol, 438 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 9 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.