Savory BLT Cheesecake Recipe
- 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1-1/2 cups crumbled cooked bacon
- 1 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, patted dry and chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Gruyere or Swiss cheese
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- Optional toppings: shredded iceberg lettuce, chopped cherry tomatoes and additional crumbled cooked bacon
- Assorted crackers, optional
- 1. Preheat oven to 325°. Place a greased 9-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese and butter. Press onto the bottom of prepared pan. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake 12 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and cream until smooth. Beat in the bacon, tomatoes, Gruyere cheese, onions and pepper. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour over crust. Place springform pan in a large baking pan; add 1 in. of boiling water to larger pan.
- 4. Bake 45-55 minutes or until center is just set and top appears dull. Remove springform pan from water bath; remove foil. Cool cheesecake on a wire rack 10 minutes; loosen edges from pan with a knife. Cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
- 5. Remove rim from pan. Serve cheesecake with toppings and crackers if desired. Yield: 24 servings.
1 slice (calculated without toppings and crackers) equals 248 calories, 21 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 99 mg cholesterol, 438 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 9 g protein.
Reviews for Savory BLT Cheesecake
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.