- 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1-1/2 cups crumbled cooked bacon
- 1 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, patted dry and chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Gruyere or Swiss cheese
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- Optional toppings: shredded iceberg lettuce, chopped cherry tomatoes and additional crumbled cooked bacon
- Assorted crackers, optional
- Preheat oven to 325°. Place a greased 9-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan.
- In a small bowl, combine the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese and butter. Press onto the bottom of prepared pan. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake 12 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and cream until smooth. Beat in the bacon, tomatoes, Gruyere cheese, onions and pepper. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour over crust. Place springform pan in a large baking pan; add 1 in. of boiling water to larger pan.
- Bake 45-55 minutes or until center is just set and top appears dull. Remove springform pan from water bath; remove foil. Cool cheesecake on a wire rack 10 minutes; loosen edges from pan with a knife. Cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
- Remove rim from pan. Serve cheesecake with toppings and crackers if desired. Yield: 24 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Savory BLT Cheesecake
"It was a huge hit at a potluck. It makes a large amount and goes a long way! Delicious!"
"Not difficult but a bit of chopping, will use pre-cooked bacon next time to eliminate one step. Took this appetizer to a party and received many compliments."
"This cheesecake is SO delicious! I found that to have 1 1/2 cups of crumbled bacon, you'll need more than 1 package of thick-cut bacon. That's all I had was 1 package, and it yielded about 1 1/8 to 1 1/4 cups crumbled bacon. It was no big deal though not having the full amount, and it still had a delicious flavor. Other than that, I have no more helpful tips or suggestions. It was just a fabulous savory cheesecake, and would be great for parties. I will definitely make this again."
"Prepared this to serve a group of friends. Everyone enjoyed the excellent blend of flavors. I appreciated the number of servings from a single recipe."
"I used 3 4"spring form pans. Had to make so minor adjustment to the baking time. It was a hit at the 3 places I took it. I will be making this again."