Savory Biscuits Recipe
Shredded cheese and a sprinkling of herbs give refrigerated biscuits great flavor. This is one of my favorite bread recipes.
- 2 tubes (12 ounces each) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1. Separate each tube of biscuits into 10 biscuits; place in a single layer in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with cheeses. Drizzle with butter; sprinkle with seasonings. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 20 biscuits.
1 serving (1 each) equals 77 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 195 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC