Savory Beer Pork Chops
These tender chops from Jana Christian of Farson, Wyoming are perfect for a hectic weeknight because they're so easy to prep. But they're also a real bargain at about 77 cents per serving.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3/4 cup beer or nonalcoholic beer
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Sprinkle both sides of pork chops with salt and pepper. In a large
- skillet, brown chops in oil on both sides over medium heat.
- Combine the beer, ketchup and brown sugar; pour over pork. Bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 12-15 minutes or until a
- thermometer reads 145°. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 124 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 440 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 6 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.