Savory Beer Pork Chops Recipe
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3/4 cup beer or nonalcoholic beer
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1. Sprinkle both sides of pork chops with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, brown chops in oil on both sides over medium heat.
- 2. Combine the beer, ketchup and brown sugar; pour over pork. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 12-15 minutes or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 124 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 440 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 6 g protein.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.