Savory Beef Sandwiches
Before heading to work in the morning (I'm a dental assistant), I'll get this going in the slow cooker. Then it's all ready to serve - usually with hard rolls and potato salad or another salad - as soon as my husband and I walk in. When my son - one of three children...24, 22 and 19 - moved to another state recently, I cut up beef roast in smaller portions, repackaged it and sent seasonings for a
8-10 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 6 hours
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (3 to 4 pounds), halved
- 8 to 10 sandwich rolls, split
- Combine seasonings; rub over roast. Place in a 5-qt. slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender. Shred
- with a fork. Serve on rolls. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Editor's Note: No liquid is added to the slow cooker. The moisture comes from the roast.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 404 calories, 17 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 88 mg cholesterol, 805 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 33 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or