- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (3 to 4 pounds), halved
- 8 to 10 sandwich rolls, split
- Combine seasonings; rub over roast. Place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender. Shred with a fork. Serve on rolls. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews for Savory Beef Sandwiches
Sort By :
"Made this for the first time this past Sunday. Loved,loved it! My son licks his plate and my husband has requested to make this once per month! Very easy to make."
"Made exactly as written. Seemed like an odd combination of spices, but it works!"
"I really liked these sandwiches. Eating the meat by itself it was a little too salty, so next time I will probably decrease the salt by about half. I cooked a 1 1/2 pound roast (not halved) in a 4 qt. slow cooker and it was done after about 3 1/2 hours."
"My family loves this and it is so easy!"
"This is excellent!! My husband would eat the whole thing, if he could...I've found that using a 4 to 5 lb. roast works well, too..."