Savory Beef Sandwiches Recipe
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (3 to 4 pounds), halved
- 8 to 10 sandwich rolls, split
- Combine seasonings; rub over roast. Place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender. Shred with a fork. Serve on rolls. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Savory Beef Sandwiches
Sort By :
Made exactly as written. Seemed like an odd combination of spices, but it works!
I really liked these sandwiches. Eating the meat by itself it was a little too salty, so next time I will probably decrease the salt by about half. I cooked a 1 1/2 pound roast (not halved) in a 4 qt. slow cooker and it was done after about 3 1/2 hours.
My family loves this and it is so easy!
This is excellent!! My husband would eat the whole thing, if he could...I've found that using a 4 to 5 lb. roast works well, too...
A real winner. My husband couldn't get enough. I used all the seasonings. A+
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Country Woman Dinner Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Country Woman Sandwich Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Hot Sandwich Recipes >
- Sandwiches >
- Slow Cooker Beef Recipes >
- Slow Cooker Recipes >