Savory Beef Fajitas Recipe
- 1 beef flank steak (2 pounds), thinly sliced
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 medium jalapeno, cut into thin strips
- 12 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- Sour cream, guacamole, salsa or shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- 1. Place beef in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Combine the next seven ingredients; pour over beef. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours.
- 2. Add onion, peppers and jalapeno. Cover and cook 1 hour longer or until meat and vegetables are tender.
- 3. Using a slotted spoon, place about 1/2 cup of meat-vegetable mixture on each tortilla. Add desired toppings. Roll up. Yield: 12 servings.
1 fajita (calculated without toppings) equals 225 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 39 mg cholesterol, 264 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 20 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Savory Beef Fajitas
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.