- 1 beef flank steak (2 pounds), thinly sliced
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 medium jalapeno, cut into thin strips
- 12 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- Sour cream, guacamole, salsa or shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- Place beef in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Combine the next seven ingredients; pour over beef. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours.
- Add onion, peppers and jalapeno. Cover and cook 1 hour longer or until meat and vegetables are tender.
- Using a slotted spoon, place about 1/2 cup of meat-vegetable mixture on each tortilla. Add desired toppings. Roll up. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Savory Beef Fajitas in Quick Cooking January/February 2001, p42
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Savory Beef Fajitas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Fajitas >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Mexican Dinners >